You wash your hair, dry it and shape it to perfection and all of a sudden tiny white flakes start falling off your head as if it started snowing and your day is ruined. That’s what dandruff can do, ruin a perfect hair day and leave you upset. We’ve all had it and know what it’s like to be afraid to wear your favorite black shirt just because you’re ashamed of dandruff.
Instead of buying expensive, chemically laden anti-dandruff shampoos here are easy, natural DIY remedies that will resolve your dandruff problem in an instant.
1. Coconut oil & Lemon
- Coconut oil is an excellent moisturizer that provides deep moisture to your scalp and regulates the production of oils, preventing irritation to the scalp.
- Lemon, on the other hand, abounds in citric acid which is also an excellent ingredient for balancing your pH levels and reducing the excess oil production in the scalp.
- If you combine the two you’ll eliminate dry-skin caused dandruff in no time.
- First, you’ll need to warm up the coconut oil to get it softened and then mix it with some lemon juice.
- Apply the mixture on your scalp, covering the whole surface and leave it in for an hour.
- Rinse your hair with warm water and wrap it in a warm towel for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Repeat the process for as long as you need.
2. Baking Soda
- Baking soda has a triple effect on dandruff. It’s an excellent fungicide and will eliminate the Malassezia fungi if that’s what’s causing your dandruff.
- Then it has a mild exfoliating effect on the scalp and will help you eliminate the dead skin cells.
- And lastly, it will help you get rid of the dandruff flakes that are trapped in your hair.
- Just mix 1 tbsp. of baking soda with a cup of water and rinse your hair with the mixture instead of shampoo.
- You can also add one teaspoon of baking soda to the shampoo you’d use to rinse your hair.
- The effects are amazing.
If you enjoyed this post, I’d be very grateful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to a friend, or sharing it on Pinterest. Thank you!